Saturday 22 December 2007

Saturday Afternoon Do-Nothing Blues

What is a boy to do on a Saturday afternoon? I brought home Marx's A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy yesterday to tide me over the next week and a half. But you know what? I really don't fancy attacking the famous Preface right now. I'm in a more frivolous state of mind, in anticipation of A and F's vegan curry fund raiser tonight. But that doesn't help me with my do-nothing predicament right now. Nothing is weighing on my mind with burning necessity, so I might as well stick up a few vids I've been meaning to for some time and write some nonsense about them.

Ferry Corsten's It's Time only made itself known to me this year. I do try and keep in with da yoof so Marx knows how it flew beneath my expansive but discerning notice. Oh well, three years late is better than never. I just can't say enough good things about this track, so I'll let it speak for itself.



I also really liked the Scissor Sisters' Kiss You Off. It's a mystery why this didn't break into the top 40. Mind you, hooking up with Elton John and having a track titled Paul McCartney on Ta-Dah wouldn't have done them any good in the credibility stakes. Never mind, here it is.



The final selection is comedic is nature. As most readers will be aware, the fascists of the BNP have had a dire couple of weeks. A major split has taken approximately eight councillors, 50 organisers, and who knows how many branches from Griffin's band of the deranged and the degenerate. One of the central points of contention is the fuhrer's continuing support for former Young BNP organiser, Mark Collett. To call this chap a muppet would do a real disservice to Jim Henson's progeny. Below is Naziboy, a cutting expose of clueless Collett by Russell Brand, in the flush of his pre-fame days. If you haven't watched it already but have time to burn, you could do far worse than take a gander at this, and then parts two and three below.





8 comments:

steven rix said...

I'm a fan of the "Scissor sisters".

michael greenwell said...

a lack of curry can be depressing

Frank Partisan said...

Several of my comrades are good cooks. We have meetings then supper, with a different theme each time. We had a Russian revolution celebration, Morrocan and Mexican themes already.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't sure about the Russell Brand video. It was good when he lost his rag with Collett, but other than that, gave him a fairly easy ride, almost making him likeable and misguided to the ordinary viewer.
Have a good festive period

Seán said...

Not keen on Brand...fronts so much TV bollocks that I go out my way to avoid him. This is the only thing i've sat through and watched with him in to the very end. Very good too. I may even give him a hearing next time he's on TV.

brother_f said...

just watched the Russel Brand thing. Brilliant.

brother_f said...

Russell- "you'll always have Shakespeare won't you?"


Fash- "oh, I don't know. I mean it's touch and go isn't it?"

Anonymous said...

Didn't really enjoy the Brand clip. Thought he gave Collett far too easy a ride. Was good when he lost it with him though, but generally thought he made seem vulnerable, misguided and misunderstood, someone that viewers may sympathise with as opposed to a vile, violent, Nazi scumbag.