In my 18 month or so-long sabbatical from regular posting, many writers who once shone brightly in the blogging firmament have faded away or pulled into the orbits of big collective blogs. Precious few 'independents' now shine in their place. Thing is because I've been hiding in the warm, cuddly cave Stoke Labour made available to me, I don't know a great deal about "the scene" as it currently stands.
When AVPS was a Y-list'er as opposed to its present Z-list status, a feature here did provide a new blog a small audience and Wikio/ebuzzing boost. Now? I suppose repeating the exercise will serve to reacquaint me with the terrain as currently constituted.
Therefore please find below a clutch of new blogs (i.e. founded in the last 18 months) that may warrant your attentions.
1. Black Triangle Campaign (Unaligned/Disability Rights) (Twitter)
2. Cllr Kyle Robinson (Labour) (Twitter)
3. Cllr Stephen Connelly's Blog (Labour)
4. Freelance Lefty (Ireland - Unaligned) (Twitter)
5. Pat's Handmaid (Unaligned/LGBT)
6. Richard Hall's Space (Unaligned) (Twitter)
7. Shifting Grounds (Labour) (Twitter)
8. Skwalker1964 (Labour) (Twitter)
9. Sráid Marx (Ireland - Unaligned)
10. Staffordshire Young Labour (Labour) (Twitter)
11. The Daily Dreadnaught (Communist Party of Britain/Morning Star)
12. The Tasneem Project (Unaligned/anarchist) (Twitter)
13. Think Left (Labour) (Twitter)
That's your lot for October/November 2012. If you know of new(ish) lefty/Labour/union/feminist/Trot/Green/Movementy/LGBT/anarchist/other blogs that might like a place in the shout out, drop me a line via email, the comments box, or Twitter. The new blog round-up is posted on the first Sunday of every month.